Farewell - T53

May 15 cont...

We left and went in the wrong direction 3 or 4 times.


Makoto San was going the next 31kms by foot so he put me on a train after going to Temple 53. He was so cute! He was very worried and spoke in his loudest c l e a r e s t voice giving me directions to the station I needed to find three times before we even got to the next station.

I waved frantically goodbye (well – as frantically as I could on a packed Densha – train, full of college students) then when the train emptied, I sat down to write. I noticed another Henro down the train and acknowledged him – smiling and bowing my head respectfully, then went back to writing

At the stop Makoto San gave me implicit instructions for, the other Henro and I alighted.
I followed him until he turned around and introduced himself as Takashi San. Another Takashi San! The Agnes owner had the same name. This one I could remember too.

He had limited English but like others, I noticed the more he spoke, the better he got.

He said he was walking to Temple 54 then taxiing and walking the rest and offered me to accompany him. In the name of ‘whatever comes along’ I arigatoed gratefully.

Japanese conifers I think - I loved their form

No comments: