A Quandary - T61 to 64

May 16 cont...

The controversial Temple 61

We got dropped off and Temple 61 and walked to Temple 62, 63 and 64. It was only 1pm when we got to the lodging Takashi San had booked us into. It was about two steps down from a HiDeHi!
As we arrived, we looked at the back of the Hotel and Takashi San was looking around as if to say This can’t be it? and I said Hmmm old!

When he went to the counter, they said check in was at 3:30 so we had 2 ½ hours to wait. The only seats were old wooden ones outside and it didn’t take long before we were feeling the cold.
It felt like a waste being finished for the day by 1. I felt a strong urge to move on to the Train Station and Temple 65.

I sent an SOS text out to whanau and friends…

Am between T64&65. Met Henro on train who needed to finish by 19th. I only have enough $ for 1 more week (b4 I have to get creative) so when he asked if I wanted to join him I said Yes. Mix of walking, bus, train & taxi. (Taxi up mount cost him $100NZ!) Not sure how I feel – selling out? What do you think?

No comments: