Aw Shucks - T46 & 47

May 14 (15kms)

We had breakfast in the huge dining hall. I thought it was strange that I didn’t have rice on my tray, so, when others arrived and got rice on theirs, I guessed that the kitchen ladies had overlooked mine. They were extremely embarrassed. The only Gaijin in the whole place and I get the short straw! It didn’t bother me but I had come to rely on the morning dose of rice.

Makoto San and I left about 7. Both of my children texted me for Mothers Day so I was a little late meeting Makoto San at the front door because of answering them and texting my own Mother.
As we walked to Temple 46, across the street, I explained Mothers Day to Makoto San. Once he got it, he said Today too!!
DOH! It’s taken me two weeks to realise it’s the same day of the week here as it is in New Zealand! But what a coincidence having Mothers Day on the same day.

We went into the Temple and did our thing. When we came out, a Henro said Hello and I realized it was one we met on the path yesterday.
Nao San and I talked for a while and he said I was Subarashi. I looked it up to see it meant Brilliant. I was very surprised and I know I showed it.

We talked for a while then he walked with us to Temple 47 which is where he had stayed the night. He gave me a name slip and wrote Subarashi on the back and I gave him one of my business cards.

We said goodbye to him and went on to the next Temple.

No comments: